Friday, December 09, 2005

And now, for more fun...

At last: Stylus' Top 50 Singles of 2005 is posted, generating the usual boring controversy. The top 20 is the most entertaining I've read yet (by which I mean that most of the songs square with mine). I've got blurbs on "Hung Up" and "Bucky Done Gun." A few notes:

* I wish I'd heard Lee Ann Womack's "Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago" and the Futureheads' "Hounds of Love" cover earlier. (thank god for Pazz & Jop).

* My "Mr. Brightside" vote was for the Jacques Lu Cont remix.

* "We Belong Together" would probably be in my top 10 today.

* I know shit about Robyn. Wasn't "Be Mine" released in 1995?

Anyway, my Stylus list:

01. The Killers – Mr. Brightside
02. Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone
03. Gorillaz feat. De La Soul – Feel Good
04. Madonna – Hung Up
05. Snoop feat. Justin Timberlake and Charlie Wilson – Signs
06. M.I.A. – Bucky Done Gun
07. Alicia Keys – Unbreakable
08. Annie – Heartbeat
09. Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh
10. 50 Cent – Just A Lil Bit
11. Ciara feat. Missy Elliott – 1-2 Step
12. Interpol – Evil
13. LCD Soundsystem – Daft Punk Is Playing in My House
14. Kelly Osbourne – One Word
15. Mariah Carey – We Belong Together
16. Franz Ferdinand – Do You Want To?
17. The Killers – All The Things That I’ve Done
18. Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx – Gold Digger
19. The Pussycat Dolls feat. Busta Rhymes – Dontcha
20. Rob Thomas – Lonely No More

0 comments :