Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh, that new Pope, he kills me...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060915/ap_on_re_mi_ea/pope_muslims_14
There's a lot of hilarious things about the new controversy and this article. If I may resort to broad strokes, let me point out the obvious funny highlights:
-The Pope commenting on the war-like ways of Islam by quoting a text from the Middle Ages. And we all know how peaceful the Catholic Church was during the Middle Ages.
-"How dare the Pope say we're violent?!?" say Muslims caught in a "a torrent of rage that many fear could burst into violent protests."
- The Pope quoted a text on how Islam allows for jihads. "He's ignorant about Islam!" Hmmm, no, he's right. Islam DOES allow for jihads. And that's a problem. See, when a "Christian" president starts a war, he's EXPRESSLY going against Christian doctrine. But Muslim doctrine does encourage war as a way of spreading the faith. And yes, I've read the Q'ran, as I'm sure the Pope has.
-Muslim officials all agree that Pope's comments are "derogatory". What no Muslim official has been able to say is that the Pope's comments are FALSE. Food for thought.
-This paragraph is awesome:
"The pope and Vatican proved to be Zionists and that they are far from Christianity, which does not differ from Islam. Both religions call for forgiveness, love and brotherhood," Shiite cleric Sheik Abdul-Kareem al-Ghazi said during a sermon in Iraq's second-largest city, Basra.
Translation: "Christianity and Islam maaay be able to get along. The ones we need to kill are the Jews."

My verdict- my humble, unlearned opinion:
The Pope's dumb for saying this. But he's not quite LYING, is he?
Fanaticism sucks.
And Jihads are deadly.

I need not touch on my own religious views, except to remind you that Islam forbids the use of alcohol. FORBIDS. I'm gonna stick with party animal Jesus.

0 comments :