Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A matter of time

I can't even begin to conceive the mechanics to make this work, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

CHICAGO - Do bloggers need their own Norma Rae?

In a move that might make some people scratch their heads, a loosely formed coalition of left-leaning bloggers are trying to band together to form a labor union they hope will help them receive health insurance, conduct collective bargaining or even set professional standards.
Some of the benefits sound great, but I don't know If I'm willing to pay the price. And I don't mean the cash needed to fund such a union. I mean losing the very diversity that attracted me to blogging in the first place. We can accomplish great things if we come together, but there's also the danger of losing our individual identity.

0 comments :