Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hala Madrid!

Well, I'm back from an impromptu hiatus. I spent the weekend in Madrid visiting relatives. I had hoped to get tickets to Real Madrid's final game and join in on the celebration, but the only ones I could find were going for about £300 (about $600) on a British scalping site. To the chagrin of my family there--all Real Madrid fans--I came back to Seville to watch the Sevilla game, which they lost. There was a small chance (if Real Madrid and Barca lost--small indeed) for Sevilla to win La Liga. Here's a picture from the game:

That's not a riot behind me, just soccer fervor. And here's the original Real Madrid fight song; be forewarned, it doesn't have the same effect when it's not being chanted by 80,000 raging fans.



And while on the subject of riots, apparently, mob justice is alive and well in Texas. Creepy.

0 comments :