Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Geopolitical Summit

I got a chance to see Fareed Zakaria's talk at the FIU geopolitical summit today. I wanted to see some of the other speakers, especially Francis Fukuyama, but I may have totally forgotten that thing was today until it was too late. I'm not going to write much about it, but I will post some blurry photos below.

There was one point he made that I found astounding. Zakaria cited a Pew Research study that found that out of 44 countries polled, the United States ranked last in support for free trade from the public. That's a scary statistic, but not all that surprising. The problem is I can't find the study anywhere now. In fact, most studies I've found all show that the American public still feels free trade is a good thing. But they're a little dated, so who knows.

Has anybody seen the study he's talking about?

0 comments :