Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm Not Lion

When I first heard that an American raid had left a few lions from the Baghdad zoo wandering the streets, I thought: "What a story!" and came up with an outline semi-updating Animal Farm to fit current events (sacrilegious as that may sound). But a few months later out came that "Madagascar" movie. I thought the concept was too similar, (the thing was recycled to begin with) and threw that half-baked sucker on the ever growing pile of never-weres. Then a few months Disney came up with ANOTHER animated flick that had, like, the SAME plot, (that one was called "The Wild.") I was upset and felt like adding to the cannibal orgy and once again drug up my litle story about the Iraqi lions that are "freed" and don't quite know what to do with their freedom, but then something shiny flew outside my window and I got distracted, which is just as well because a much better writer (Brian K. Vaughan, he of "Y: The Last Man" fame) is tackling the story- and hopefully doing it justice.
"Pride of Baghdad"is looking great. It comes out September 13.

2 comments :

  1. Andy said...

    I'll bite.

  2. Hansel Castro said...

    It's totally the mane attraction.