Monday, February 26, 2007

You have to be very fucking careful when naming a cat.

I picked up a kitten over the weekend, and Lauren and I quickly set about the process of naming it (even though the bugger's not quite brave enough to come out from behind the bookcase yet). I conjured up the name Maceo in honor of the legendary sax player for James Brown, and Lauren concurred that it would be a terrific moniker.

Of course, four seconds of Googling has turned up the fact that Jane's Addiction of all people have a song called "My Cat's Name is Maceo." Sweet Jesus fuck. I never liked Jane's Addiction much and have thusly never heard or heard of this song before today, and the lyrics make it sound kinda sweet and goofy but also supremely crappy. It may be back to the 'ol drawing board.

0 comments :