Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Of beauty and copy editing

I'd like to encourage all AGI readers--all nine of you--to check out a blog called Nonsense Verse. It's written by one smart, charming copy editor I met while she was down in Miami for this year's ACES (American Copy Editors Society) conference, a party I was crashing. Yeah, you heard me right; those copy editors know how to get down. Jen--that's all the personal information I'll reveal since she might not want her readers to know she works for one of them east coast institutions of American journalism--is not only bright, but also damn sexy. Not just newsroom sexy, which requires only moderate social adeptness and a complete set of teeth, but sexy in the non-newsroom handicap sense of the word. So do check out her blog and cyber ogle her a bit, maybe it will encourage her to post more often.

I'm going to Valencia tomorrow for the weekend to spend time with family. Blogging will be slow.

Finally, I just found out today that there's a group of extreme right-wing Miami bloggers leading a campaign blaming Spain for exploiting Cuba and supporting Castro. I'll let you know why they're wrong when I get back.

0 comments :