Monday, June 19, 2006

Exciting day

One of the things I have to do today, before visiting the badass that impregnated by mother (here's a picture of him either pondering the meaning of life, about to recite Wallace Stevens' The Idea of Order at Key West in its entirity, or perfecting the 26th way to kill a man) is stop by the Social Security office. Several months ago, while still working at The Miami Herald, the paper published my Social Security number on the front of the Business section, ironically in a graphic about identity theft. While that's not the main reason why I left the paper, it definitely helped my decision. So now I have to get letters certifying that the new number is in fact mine, and not some scheme to skip out on student loans.

Oh! Blessed rage for order, pale Ramon,
The maker's rage to order words of the sea,
Words of the fragrant portals, dimly-starred,
And of ourselves and of our origins,
In ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds.
Cross posted from my blog.

0 comments :